Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney In Raleigh
Being faced with criminal charges can bring up a whirlwind of emotion. You may be feeling overwhelmed with fear, anger or confusion. You must seek the help of a fierce criminal defense attorney when your future is at stake. Raleigh law enforcement officials may tell you that talking to them without a criminal defense lawyer could help your criminal case, or they could go easier on you, but this is virtually never the criminal case.
Why Hire A Criminal Defense Attorney?
You may want to hire a criminal defense attorney if you are facing criminal charges for several reasons. As mentioned above, law enforcement officials may tell you that speaking with them without a defense lawyer present could benefit you. Still, again this will only hurt your case. Some of the most important reasons to hire a criminal defense attorney include the following:
- Protecting your rights: They can help protect your constitutional rights during the criminal justice process, which include your right to remain silent, your right to an attorney and your right to a fair trial.
- Providing legal expertise: They have the legal experience necessary to navigate the complexities of the criminal justice system. They can also help you understand the charges against you, the possible consequences of a conviction and your legal options.
- Building a strong defense: They can build a solid legal defense strategy to protect your interests. This can include reviewing the evidence against you, investigating the circumstances of your specific case and identifying weaknesses in the prosecution’s case.
- Negotiating plea deals: In some instances, they might be able to negotiate a plea deal with the prosecution that leads to reduced charges or a lesser sentence.
- Advocating for you in court: In the event that your case goes to trial, they can represent you in court, present your case to the jury, cross-examine potential witnesses and reason on your behalf.
If you are facing charges in Raleigh, hiring our criminal defense attorney at Cotten Law Firm, PLLC, is an important step to take in defending yourself. Our Raleigh criminal defense attorney prioritizes your best interests first and foremost and is committed to helping you fight to get your life back to normal. No matter how large, small, simple or complicated your criminal case may be, you can rest assured that when you retain Cotten Law Firm, PLLC, you will receive attentive, communicative and knowledgeable representation.
Our Raleigh criminal defense law firm focuses on all types of traffic offenses, including misdemeanors and drunk driving charges.
Our criminal law attorney can help you navigate your legal challenges. Get started with the help you need to defend your future by scheduling a free consultation today. We have the experience you need to build a solid defense. Our lawyer serves clients throughout Wake County and surrounding areas.
Cases We Handle
Thousands of cases successfully handled.
- Failure to appear: Whether it was an honest mistake or you were trying to avoid the inevitable, our attorney can give you the support you need. In some cases, failing to appear can result in a bench warrant being issued for an arrest. It is important to seek skilled help as soon as possible.
- Prayer for judgment: A prayer for judgment is a request to the court to dismiss a criminal charge without a finding of guilt. If the court grants a prayer for judgment, the charge will be dismissed and you will not have a criminal record.
- Suspended/Revoked license: A suspended or revoked driver’s license can make getting to work, school or other important appointments difficult. Our lawyer can help you to get your license reinstated so that you can resume your normal activities.
- Traffic tickets: Offenses such as speeding, failure to yield and unsafe movement can result in costly tickets or even jail time. At Cotten Law Firm, PLLC, our attorney can help you fight traffic tickets.
- Underage drinking and drug charges: A lawyer can help you get your license reinstated so that you can resume your normal activities.
Learning more about your current record and the charges you are dealing with is easy. You can use our simple case finder tool to search for your record.
Dedicated Criminal Defense At Affordable Prices
At Cotten Law Firm, PLLC, our lawyer truly cares about the well-being of everyone who walks through our Raleigh law office. We are not a megafirm; you will never be left wondering who your defense attorney is or where you stand in your criminal case. Instead, our small, efficient law firm can provide excellent legal services at affordable prices. Our criminal lawyer will work with you so you stay informed and involved in your case.
Defending Your Constitutional Rights
Our Wake County criminal defense team’s top priority is helping you to defend your constitutional rights. No matter your situation, our lawyer is committed to working with you and helping give you as many options as possible. Our lawyer is determined to make you feel respected and represented when you enter the court system. Your future and freedom are at stake; let our team at Cotten Law Firm, PLLC, help you to protect them.